B & J Collectibles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
B & J Collectibles

This forum we discuss movies, comics and our show

HomeHome  B&J HomeB&J Home  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

They returned in the evening and told me that when theystretched on the floor

Go down 
AuthorMessage
c19900103
New User
New User
c19900103

They returned in the evening and told me that when theystretched on the floor Empty
PostSubject: They returned in the evening and told me that when theystretched on the floor   They returned in the evening and told me that when theystretched on the floor Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 3:50 am

They returned in the evening and told me that when they got there the house was inhabited, and not a single article removed. However, on hearing they had come to clean and take possession, the occupants made a move, but with a good deal of grumbling, which made me feel rather uneasy as to how the people generally might take my Tiffany jewelry intrusion into their village. The next morning we took our baggage on three pack-horses, and, after a few breakdowns, arrived about noon at our destination. After getting all my things set straight, and having made a hasty meal, I determined if possible to make friends with the people.
I therefore sent for the owner of the house and as many of his acquaintances as liked to come, to have a "bitchara," or talk. When they were all seated, I gave them a little tobacco all round, and having my boy Baderoon for interpreter, tried to explain to them why I came there that I was very sorry to turn them out of the house, Tiffany Sets but that the Rajah had ordered it rather than build a new one, which was what I had asked for, and then placed five silver rupees in the owner's hand as one month's nike outlet rent.
I then assured them that nike outlet store my being there would be a benefit to them, as I should buy their eggs and fowls and fruit and if their children would bring Almost every individual can cognizant the reality of Moncler Hong Kong coat in the winter me shells Welcome to Tiffany Jewelry discount sale from Jeweler Tiffany & Co outlet and insects, cheap tiffany jewelry of which I showed them specimens, they also might earn a good many coppers. After all this had been fully explained to them, with a long talk and discussion between every sentence, I could see that I had made a favorable impression and that very afternoon, as if to test my promise to buy even miserable little snail-shells, a dozen children came one after another, bringing me a few specimens each of a small Helix, for which they duly received "coppers," and went away amazed but rejoicing.
Back to top Go down

They returned in the evening and told me that when theystretched on the floor
Page 1 of 1